Friday, June 12, 2009

Well today was a great day for Mimi

For starters, she went to the cardiologist and got cardiac clearance for the surgery within about 30 minutes… no problem at all. She was very relieved with that being done.

I spoke with her right after her appointment. She sounded very positive today. She said a couple of things to me that I want to share with all of you. First, she metioned that she felt really positive today. She said that she woke up with a positive attitude and a general feeling of calm. She said her vision wasn’t as bad today even…. AWESOME! She shared with me that she just felt that God was telling her that this just isn’t her time to die. She said “I have too much to do and that I want to accomplish and I just feel like God is telling me now is not the time. I just know it‘s not my time.” Wow… those are some profound words. It is certainly encouraging to me because I know it is definitely an answer to prayer. Thank you everyone for those prayers… you are awesome and so is God!

Mimi made it to JJ’s bday party. She said she really enjoyed herself and that most important, JJ had a great time. One of his friends from school that he was unsure if he would make it was there and I guess he just lit up when the friend came… made his day! I did not end up going to take pictures since Mimi was able to make it. Tina and Carissa both took pictures so hopefully I can get a few of them to post here... or maybe one of them will post them here!!! Hmmm girls?!

This morning JJ went into the bedroom and asked Mimi if she would come and have breakfast with him. I hear they had a nice breakfast together. Sounds like a great start to the day for them.

I went over this evening and read all of your emails to Mimi. I can’t tell you all enough how much she loves hearing what you write. We got a good laugh about your swimming story Kristi! I also shared my blog post from yesterday with her… she laughed several times… and of course made a few remarks about how embarrassing that I would take pictures of her house with how dirty it is right now! LOL If you have never been to Mimi’s house… TRUST ME … it’s NOT dirty, messy or anything even near that! I can promise you… pretty much everything is in it’s place and just perfect! Another thing I admire about Mimi… she’s an impeccable housekeeper! However… she also thinks its never just how she would like it to be ;-) always room for improvement in her eyes, even when it looks perfect to all of us... right?!

You know the one thing I forgot to take a picture of yesterday was her Precious Moments. How in the world could I forget those… oh probably because they have always been there and they are just a part of things! She has quite the collection of them and a beautiful display too. I’ll get that picture sometime because really they are such a big part of Mimi!

I konw I said it before... but.... I want to reinterate that you all need to know how much your emails and comments touched Mimi tonight. Keep those coming I really think they are a great source of strength, comfort, and hope for her.

Robin S. shared some really neat thoughts in an email that Mimi asked if I would save… which just for the record I am saving all of the emails, but I thought I would share with all of you what Robin mentioned… Thank you Robin. I know Mimi found these words very touching. I am going to try to put something together to put next to her bed in a frame that she can see and be reminded of these few things often.

Proverbs 3:5-6... "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Trust Him, expect goodness, and watch Him work. Or, as Max Lucado puts it, "Don't fear... God not only read your story, He wrote it."

Last but not least…

I heard this song on the radio today… I’ve always really liked this song, but it spoke really loudly today especially the chorus…

1 comment:

  1. Good morning!! Have a great day!! We love you! Zach starts his job tonight. The kitchen and open house plans are all coming together. Thanks to Jeff. Hugs and prayers to all of you!
    Love,
    Jeff, Angie and Zach

    ReplyDelete