Saturday, June 13, 2009

How dare they!?! Foreign cars!

Just got home from Mimi and Nuna’s took the emails you all sent today over for her to read. I think this is becoming our little ritual in the evening. Usually when I get there she is in bed after a busy day and I go in and sit by her on the bed and read her the emails and my post from the day before. I could tell she was looking forward to hearing the emails from the day. Thank you everyone.

Mimi had a little list of things she wanted to tell me about today to put on the blog. I think the best part of her day today was that Jim, Nancy, their 3 girls (Nikki, Emily, and Jessica) and all of their kids (Iliana, Lucile, Mac, Sam and Sofia… I definitely spelled someone’s name wrong!) came over for a visit. Her note says this was a real light of her day. She also wrote “I love you all SO much.”

She said that last night she slept really well again. I'm so happy to hear that because you likely know how much more difficult dealing with everything is when you are not sleeping well.

She said Nuna helped her get her shower today. Her balance is bit off so she is being very careful not to fall. Here’s the BIG kicker for the day! The home health nurse for Great Lakes came today. The visit went well and as far as all of that goes they are all set for surgery and the follow up they will be handling afterwards. They took her vitals, did all of the registering, and left some information. They will not see her again until after surgery. All that went very well with the exception of ONE.VERY.IMPORTANT.THING. The nurse showed up in a HONDA. Are you kidding me Great Lakes? Nuna made sure you were chosen because of those Ford nurse cars. When I got to the house this evening that was the first thing Nuna told me about! He said, “would you believe she showed up in a Honda?”! Im sure you are laughing at this point… Nuna however… was NOT. He said if they are going to be driving foreign cars over here, I just can’t stand for that. I told some of you that that’s where we draw the line in Tildenville! American made cars thru and thru!

I was out for dinner tonight and ran into one of Mimi’s friends (Cindy)… Hi Cindy.! I gave Mimi that hug for you! Cindy asked if Mimi was going to be going to church tomorrow, so Mimi and I figured that a lot of you were also wondering or hoping that she would be there. They as a family have decided that tomorrow they will stay home. The Nascar race is here in Brooklyn this weekend so it’s a bit tough (although not impossible) to get to the church. The main reason though, since surgery is right around the corner and Mimi’s balance isn’t the greatest right now, she wants to be sure she doesn’t fall. Also taking the risk of getting a cold or something just wouldn’t be a smart move. Just know that she loves you all and knows that you will be praying and thinking of her tomorrow at church. Again thank you so much for your words, thoughts and encouragement…they REALLY mean a lot to Mimi… all of us for that matter.

Ill keep you posted! Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment