Sunday, June 21, 2009

Back at it

Hi everyone. Sorry to keep you hanging... I was sick this past weekend and had an open house out of town. We are back in town now and I am blogging from Mimi's computer.

Overall things for Mimi are going well. It seems that the surgery was a success and she is pretty comfortable. She came home from the hospital yesterday. Her stay was extended in the hospital because she had some rough reactions from the pain medications they were giving her.

Tina and Nuna have been caring for her all weekend. Her apatite is good. The steroids are making her hungry. They have her on Decadron a steroid to keep any swelling down.

Now... today's been a little rough. She wants to stay in bed and it seems as if some of her hope has faded... not sure if this is just a yucky side effect from the medication or if it's just that she is tired and trying to recover. It's tough to read her.

We just sat at the table and told her that we are not letting her give up. I think she's down, maybe a bit depressed. My mom is here (from Florida) and is the tough one of the bunch. She told Mimi that she is getting in the shower, because a shower always makes you feel better. She's being a little stubborn about it so we are feeling kind of bad, but know that it will make her feel better. It's a fine line to walk on keeping her up and healthy... we know the side effects are bad if you just lay there and risks of blood clots and pneumonia go up if she does just lay there although we want to not push her to do too much either... I guess I am asking for prayer and any suggestions you may have.

I also think it could be helpful if any of you (her friends from church) and such... feel free to stop by. I think anyone who can come chat with her and keep her engaged in conversation will help... I hope I am right by saying this, but again... it's a fine line. I know lots of you are worried about her and waiting to see if and how you can help and I think at this point... maybe call and mention that you are going to be stopping by and then just do it!

Talk more soon... off to get her a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment