Thursday, June 11, 2009

Just a bit to report.

Mimi got home just fine last night and got all settled in. She told me that she was VERY happy to have her own shower, her own shampoo, soap, etc... and of course her own bed. She mentioned that you forget how much you like those things until they aren't there! Angie took JJ to see a movie in the evening so Mimi was home when they got back. I ran over to talk to Mimi about doing this blog. I wanted to get her blessing before I actually let it go "live". She said she was very comfortable with the idea and thought it would be a great way to help with communication. ;-)
I took over about 4 emails that I had gotten today, if you sent yours before 3:30pm, she got it! If it came after 3:30, I will get it over to her sometime tomorrow. gwtvfv c I asked how she slept last night and she said she slept REALLY well. Things for JJ's party are all set for tomorrow he is having a Star Wars cake and taking his friends to go play Laser tag in Tecumseh. Mimi sent Tina to pick up the party favors, and we all know whats an 8 year old party without that?!

Mimi still does not have cardiac clearance for the surgery, however she has an appointment at Michigan Heart tomorrow morning at 10am, so if she comes to your mind around that time please lift her up in prayer! Tina is taking her to the appointment and I may try to go to the party to get some pictures to show Mimi and for his scrapbook of course!
When I was leaving Mimi was tired and was laying down for a nap... good girl! Resting when she should. Angie stayed until about 3 today and then was heading home. I know she did some updating of Mimi's medical records and medication lists to help her stay on top of that stuff. Thanks Angie!! Love you! I like having you close by!

I think that covers things for today...

Last night as I was thinking about some of my favorite things about Mimi and the photographer in me decided that wouldn't it be fun to take some pics of some of things that are "so Mimi"?! Yep, im a dork like that... but blog posts are always much funner when you have pictures to look at right?! It's a crappy gloomy day here in Michigan today, so sorry the pics are a little dark! I think Nuna thought I was crazy taking pictures of the walls! LOL

I realized while I was there today that the most comforting thing to me and my children is that Mimi and Nuna are just there... you always know what to expect. I love that about both of them.

Like how about these pictures that Mimi has of all of us grandkids (and our kids too... their great grandkids) on the wall in the living room? How cool that they get to see us everyday... oh and I wish I still looked I do in my senior picture she has up there! I wonder how she decided not to update them after our Senior Pics were taken.. just curious... I like that one so it's cool with me! I remember when Jessi and I were in the years while we had our kids, Mimi was saying... you guys are making it tough because I can't get the same frames all the time... I think she went through a few different frames for all of them. What will she do in the coming years as the family keeps expanding? Don't worry... no one is expecting... and most definitely NOT ME... but Carissa is a Senior this year so all of us are grown ups now... well except JJ!
Our on the porch/summer living area... she has pictures of all of her neices and nephews kids... again I am sure they find the same comfort that we do in seeing those pictures that she has up there. If you give her an updated picture she is really good about getting them up there! I like that!

How about Mimi's cute little car that I often see her toolin' around town in... I remember when they first got the Mariner (that's the blue one) how many compliments they got and what a good lookin' car it was and how good she looked driving it. I think she really enjoys that car! Oh and just because... if you ever drive a car into their garage you will know that you will have a tennis ball or some type of ball attached to a string hanging from the ceiling ... just let that hit the windshield, that means that you are in as far as you need to be... genius Nuna!

A little off subject here, but here are JJ and Carson (my son) playing computer games this afternoon. Nice tounge Carson.

The waterfall in the yard... if you have known them for a long time you will know that there is a pool underneath all of that! LOL They used to have a pool that I remember spending a lot of time at with Mimi in my "growing up" years. Mimi LOVES the sunshine and always has. Her yard will make anyone jealous because she has that green thumb and the ability to make it look just gorgeous! Here's what it looks like today... as the summer goes on it will take on different looks as plants grow and change... I like that!


Last but not least... For some reason when I was thiking about their house and things I love... these plates came to mind. They have had these plates for as long as I can remember, but they are so Mimi and Nuna... I think they remind me of all the fried fish dinner we have ate on them after Nuna has gone fishing and usually accompanied with corn and rolls! Good family times and memories! Who knew plates would be part of that. I hope she never gets rid of them!

Ok everyone... again thanks for all your thougths, words of encouragement, and prayers! Hope you enjoyed the little photo journey!

3 comments:

  1. Good morning! Made it home safely. Lots to do here. What a mess, except for Zach's room!! LOL! Happy Birthday JJ! Love and miss you all. Good luck at cardiologist. I am sure it will go fine. See you Tuesday.
    Love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me it isn't 4 am. But it is 7, early for me. Love the plates Kari!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics Kari!! It does bring back so many memories. I'm older than you and I only remember those plates! :) I can remember walking up town to Aunt Ruthann's work and just hanging around until she'd finally ask if I wanted to go home with her and go swimming in the pool. My Mom taught me that I couldn't ever ask her, but if she asked me, if was alright. Consequently, Aunt Ruthann figured out real quick that if I was just hanging around the insurance office, I really wanted to go swimming!! :) Hoping everything went well with the cardiologist and the birthday party. Happy Birthday JJ! :)

    ReplyDelete