Monday, June 15, 2009

Thank you everyone...

You kind words, scriptures, stories and thoughts have been the biggest source of encouragement for Mimi this week. I want you ALL to know how much EACH and EVERY one of those notes have meant to her.

Today was another great day for Mimi. She said she feels very much at peace and she seems very content. We had a great chat this evening about how each one of the emails you send, the content of those emails and the stories that are included bring a light to her because of who it comes from it takes on a whole shape... I hope I am describing that right... it's tough to explain the feelings we talk about. She said it could be something she had heard before, but because you all are sending it, it makes it so much more personal. AWESOME.
Uncle Bill (Nuna's brother) and his wife (Carol) were over to visit Mimi tonight for a bit. Jessi and her kids came out and had dinner with them while Carissa, Danielle, Kayla and I stayed out in the living room and folded laundry! I dusted and windex the living room... I knew it had to be driving Mimi crazy! I must add though, I told her I was super proud of her because I have never seen her just roll with the punches like she has been this past week... she is truly just taking this in stride... I would imagine the waiting game could play on your mind at times. I told her that's so good for her because any other time... that dusting would have been a priority and she would not have been able to rest until it was done. That honestly takes restraint and true self care. SO proud of you Mimi.
Angie, Lindsey and Zach are coming down tomorrow so I know she's really looking forward to having and seeing them. Zach will be getting his quilt from Mimi so I will have to get a picture of the two of them with the quilt Mimi made for Zach... I have yet to see it so I am way excited!

It was rather chaotic tonight at their house with so many people there... I think in the past it would have been a bit overwhelming to Mimi (6+ kids... overwhelming to anyone ;-) two of them were mine) but just to give you a sense of where her heart is right now... she enjoyed every minute of it. She said having them around gives her a reminder of all the things she needs to be here for and also a sense of hope comes with that I am sure.

A huge thing that was sort of an ahh-ha moment for Mimi... Betty B. (who is JJ's chime teacher @ church) sent an amazing email. The most profound visual that she shared in that email: She said she thought of the comparison of the spider web... with mimi in the center of the web and teh web is growing outwards in prayer for Mimi... Yes Mimi, the web keeps getting bigger and bigger for you. I found the BIGGEST web I could find online! Once again... keep those thoughts, scriptures and anything else you see fit for Mimi coming... they mean more than you will ever know.

Last but not least... I promised some pictures from JJ's birthday party. Mimi might have a fit if she knew I shared some pictures of her... should we keep that one a secret? I think she just prefers not to see herself in pictures and would prefer to stay behind the camera! I can TOTALLY relate! Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment