Friday, December 25, 2009

Love one another

As I lay with mom tonight in her bed at the Hospice Home, I remember many nights her lying with me. It could have been when I was sick or had a bad dream so staying with her now seems minimal compared to all the times she took care of me. How could I ever deny that even though I have to say it is very difficult to see her confused or crying. Her emotions are jumbled because of the medications and the tumor. This kind of cancer effects so many parts of the body; from emotional to sharing a thought to short-term memory. One blessing I have found is that she shares many long ago memories such as her childhood or ours. Another blessing is that I believe this turmoil has made our family ties stronger; realizing that life is so short, we must lean on one another and not be afraid to ask for help.

I've said this before but I could not ask for a better mother. She has been there for me and my family through thick and thin, good and bad, happy and sad.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I cannot tell you enough how much your support means. I do not know what people who do not have their faith and their family to give them strength do. I guess they do without and that is sad.

God bless and Merry CHRISTmas to all, and may you sleep well tonight.....

No comments:

Post a Comment